Marsh & McLennan Agency Delivers More for Those Who Expect More
Marsh & McLennan Agency believes that a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs and policies to keep employees engaged and productive. We help clients with this every day, and we also take our own advice.
That’s why the Star Tribune has consistently named us a Top Workplace, and Hennepin County has honored us with its Wellness by Design Award since 2006. Our compensation and benefits packages are highly competitive as well.
Want to know more?
Watch the videos below to get a taste of what working here is like.
Video 1: "The Abandonment of Accepted Work Discipline"
Video 2: Find out what makes our people amazing
- Sales/Finance Consultant for Commercial Clientele (Fargo)
- Sales Executive- Employee Benefits (Sioux Falls)
Open non-sales positions:
- Sales Intern (Sioux Falls)
- 2017 Summer Internship Opportunities (Minneapolis & Duluth)
Sales/Finance Consultant for Commercial Clientele (Fargo)
Sales oriented position requiring advanced communication skills. Capable of pursuing and closing sales of new and existing corporate accounts and retaining assigned book of business. You are developing relationships with commercial clients who need our financial expertise and consultative skills. Dawson Insurance is over 100 years strong and proud to be your local, full-service insurance agency. We provide personal and business insurance, life and benefits, and surety services. Our team focuses on being trusted advisors, ensuring our customers are properly protected and matched with the best insurance carriers, while earning your trust daily.
You spend more time working than virtually anything else. Isn’t your time worth more than just a paycheck? If so, Dawson Insurance, a Marsh & McLennan Agency may be the place for you. As a Marsh & McLennan Agency colleague, you’ll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining our industry leadership. Discover how much more is possible as you grow or advance your career.
- Business to business solution selling experience, preferably 3 to 5 years.
- Bachelors in Business or Finance preferred.
- Will need to obtain licensure upon hire.
Sales Executive- Employee Benefits (Sioux Falls)
Provide consulting services and advise clients in matters relating to their risk mitigation needs such as current market trends and short/long term planning to meet client goals and/or objectives. Manage the retention of assigned accounts and achieve new business goals as set forth by individual and agency plans.
New Business Development
- Define an industry focus (major/minor) supporting the growth areas of the office.
- Identify through personal research prospects that meet the agency’s ideal client profile.
- Set appointments and personally meets with prospects and clients, conducts in depth dialogue and develops a positive business relationship built on mutual trust.
- Engage and stay current on the appropriate industry group, utilizing MMA resources, to offer "best in Partnership" resources for each prospect.
- Partner across the firm to utilize appropriate resources for initial and ongoing prospect sales meetings and proposals.
- Identify key decision makers, clients or prospects risks needs and determines the services, products, and combinations that will best serve and address the client/prospect's issues and objectives.
- Gather internal and external information including: industry risk profile, benchmarking, client strategic goals and objectives, market conditions report, total cost of risk, and current services.
- Keep up to date on prospects' current issues, researches new information on prospects.
Client Service / Retention
- Support sales efforts by adhering to department operations and providing timely and accurate prospects data to track and monitor activities for management reporting and sales forecasts.
- Ensure timeframes and deliverables are met in the sales process; and ensure that post-sales teams provide quality service to all assigned clients.
- Transition new accounts to the client team seamlessly.
- Communicate and collaborate with team members to ensure follow-up service to clients and client satisfaction.
- Maintain a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with clients, agency and company personnel to minimize potentials for error or omission claims.
- Assist service team during complex client and/or account issues.
- Must have insurance license as required by area of focus (Life & Health or Property & Casualty) or be able to obtain the license within 90 days of employment.
- Must have attained or achieve an insurance designation within 3 years of hire (CIC, CPCU, CLU, CHFC, RHU, CFP, etc.).
Sales Intern - Sioux Falls
We are excited to be offering an internship to provide valuable, on the job training and education to individuals in the community. The Sales Intern will be responsible for learning and developing tangible skills in the area of Insurance and Risk Management. They will accomplish project specific tasks through research and innovation as well as collaboration with team members.
Sales Intern Responsibilities:
- Follows Intern Plan through to completion with guidance from the mentor(s). Demonstrates a high level of intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn the business.
- Assist with the research and development of sales presentations and preparations for client meetings.
- Assist Sales Executives in performing day-to-day administrative duties.
- Job shadow Sales Executives while on client visits.
- Learn basic insurance industry and sales concepts and demonstrate mastery of this knowledge by applying it while performing duties such as researching potential sales prospects, calling prospects to determine interest level in discussing services, etc.
- Consistent and punctual with the submissions of the work assignments to the mentor(s).
- Participates in scheduled status meetings to communicate progress, findings and determine next steps.
- Relays and applies knowledge acquired in the academic setting to the company setting.
- Participates in office, carrier, and/or client meetings as requested.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with company employees, clients, and carriers.
- Provides assistance to other employees and performs various administrative and other duties as needed.
- Interacts with high level clientele and members of the organization in a positive professional manner.
- Maintains accountability for his/her actions and activities, both personally and professionally.
- Adheres to company policies, procedures and rules governing professional staff behavior and abides by company policies governing the observation of confidentiality and the handling of confidential information.
- Read, practice and live the Code of Conduct for the agency. Be a participant in maintaining a strong work environment and culture for all team members.
- All other duties as assigned.
Student majoring in Business or Insurance/Risk Management. Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities. Applied knowledge in the areas of communication, interpersonal relationship management, versatility and creativity. Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel. Resolution and solution-oriented. Ability to work effectively in a team environment. Establishes priorities and organizes time efficiently to ensure that tasks are completed to meet or exceed deadlines. Displays resourcefulness in finding solutions for our clients, companies and our agency.Education Requirements:
High School Diploma required. Must be working toward a college degree. Students entering their junior or senior year or graduating from a 4 year university preferred.
2017 Summer Internship Opportunities (Minneapolis & Duluth)
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is currently looking for summer interns to join both our Minneapolis and Duluth teams. This is an excellent opportunity for students looking to get exposure to not only business and the insurance industry, but be part of a strong, collaborative and innovative team. The interns will be part of MMA’s culture – driven, innovative and collaborate.
MMA interns will learn to apply the concepts learned in the classroom to actual projects and will develop professional skills applicable to the business environment. Our program includes a joint project and presentation, a summer webinar series and carrier field trips. MMA’s goal is to provide our interns with insight into all areas of the insurance industry and act as a springboard into full-time careers in the field you desire.
Loss Control Intern – Minneapolis
Our Loss Control Consultants provide quality risk consulting services to MMA clients. The Loss Control Intern will work closely with our Safety and Loss Control Consultants to provide administrative support and superior customer service as well as have the opportunity to shadow client visits.
Click here to apply.
Claims Intern – Minneapolis
This intern will work closely with the internal claims management team to provide administrative support, system maintenance and superior customer service. This intern will gain exposure to the insurance claims process, gain insight into carrier relationships and have the opportunity to shadow client visits.
Click here to apply.
Property & Casualty Service and Benefits Sales Intern – Minneapolis (2) and Duluth (1)
This dynamic internship will offer a front row seat to experience proactive client service in a solution-sale environment. These interns will gain an understanding of how we create a strong product and process for our clients and colleagues. Responsibilities include systems set-up and organization, renewal certificate and auto ID card processing, file auditing, assistance in building career path plan and other special projects.
Property & Casualty Sales Intern – Minneapolis
This intern will gain insight into business –to-business sales in a solution-sale environment. The Sales Intern will work with our Property & Casualty sales leaders to review client and prospect data, prepare reports, update systems and participate in other pre and post-sale activities. Click here to apply.
Business Development Intern – Minneapolis
This intern will have the opportunity to support our sales initiatives here at MMA. They’ll have the opportunity to complete the sales producer learning path as well as assist in building some of the training materials. In addition, they’ll be working with our Marketing team on a data analytics project. Click here to apply.
Accounting Intern – Minneapolis
The Accounting Intern will work closely with our local team and our partner carriers to facilitate accurate and timely completion of payables and receivables. They’ll also get the opportunity to work on projects that impact the entire Upper Midwest Region of MMA. Click here to apply.
This opportunity is open to students entering their junior or senior year and pursuing a degree in communication, business management, finance, marketing, entrepreneurship or a related field.
• Must be detailed and organized with excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to work on a team as well as individually.
• Must conduct self professionally; have the ability to effectively build and maintain positive working relationships with management, employees, and peers.
• Proficiency in MS office applications required.
This is a paid internship. The position requires work in an office environment with significant use of a computer and ability to communicate with employees and clients both verbally and in writing.