As the Managing Director of the office’s Technology Group and Healthcare / Life Sciences Practice, Tom leads brokerage and consulting services for a wide array of high-level clients, typically business or professional organizations with unique financial, operating, or technical demands. Within that role, he’s responsible for designing, negotiating, and administering insurance and risk programs for both early-stage and more-established companies, typically within the financial, technology, and medical sectors.
Tom has over 30 years of senior level risk management and insurance experience, with particular focus on the financial, technology, and healthcare areas. Notable milestones:
- Successfully planned and executed dozens of projects and programs involving cost-effective solutions to demanding insurance, financial, and surety challenges
- Six years as Area President of the Kansas City branch of a major international broker.
- Pioneered numerous self-insured / captive insurance programs for individual and association group clients.
- Established and led a major surety claims / financial recovery facility
- Instrumental in establishing—and currently overseeing—the insurance facility for the Kansas Underground Storage Tank Liability Plan, a nationally-recognized program.