Marsh & McLennan Agency wants to make sure you are ready for whatever lies ahead. Please join us on Thursday, November 12 at 3pm ET for our complimentary webcast titled 2020 Election Results: The Impact to Benefit Plans.
James Slotnick, AVP of Government Relations for Sun Life, will be talking about the November election and the potential major changes to the employee benefits industry. As part of the discussion we will cover the following:
- An update on COVID-19 legislation, including how a second round of Paycheck Protection Program loans could include group insurance premiums, and the latest on COBRA subsidies
- How the passing of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg impacts the upcoming ACA Supreme Court case
- How President Trump and Vice President Biden plan to lower health care costs for Americans
- The growing likelihood of a national Paid Family & Medical Leave program
- Time will be made available for questions and open discussion
- Kate Moher, National Employee Health & Benefits Practice Leader, Marsh & McLennan Agency
- James Slotnick, AVP of Government Relations for Sun Life
James Slotnick is Assistant Vice President, Government Relations, for Sun Life Financial U.S. James represents Sun Life’s interests to elected officials and regulators, focusing on issues that impact the Group Life, Disability, Dental, Vision, Voluntary, and Stop-Loss industries. Over the last 15 years James has held various roles within Sun Life’s Client and Technology Services, Distribution, and Legal departments. Prior to his current role, James served as a member of the Integration Management Team for the acquisition of Assurant Employee Benefits, in 2016. James regularly speaks to audiences across the country about the changing dynamics in Washington and impacts to the employee benefits industry.
James holds a BA from Saint Anselm College, an MBA from Suffolk University's Sawyer School of Management, and a JD from Suffolk University Law School. In 2017 he was named one of LIMRA’s “Rising Stars of Distribution Under 40”.